I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
Monday, July 5, 2010
Celebrating Freedom comes with a Price
I ended up going to Missouri to see SSG B, my dad and step-mom. My uncle and aunt, and cousin and his wife and baby also came. It was so much fun! We fished and hung out at the lake and had a great time. I haven't seen my uncle and his family in over three years! It was great celebrating with my family and seeing SSG B right before our anniversary.
As great as it was to celebrate our country's birthday with my family, I got a reminder of why we are able to celebrate our freedom in the first place. My good friend Jeremy (he introduced SSG B and I ) is currently deployed to Afghanistan. His wife called me Saturday morning and told me that a grenade exploded and blew off part of Jeremy's leg. He also has shrapnel in his shoulder and sustained superficial injuries to his face. I'm not really sure how serious the injuries are, or if they will be able to repair them. I do know that he is being sent to Walter-Reed Army Medical Center for surgery and rehab, and he has already had two surgeries so far. This was just a reminder of the sacrefices our soldier's make every day so that we have freedom, and that freedom really isn't free. I am just thankful that he survived. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that about J. Is Aaron ok??
ReplyDeleteThat is awful but I am so glad he is ok?
ReplyDeleteP.S. weren't you just talking about him on the ride up to Denver??